Vintage Bobbins with Moon Shadow Mist

августа 30, 2019

Hello creative friends! Today I want to show you the process of dyeing simple bobbins for storing your favorite lace and ribbons. I cut a few patterns from thick cardboard and glued together in two. Then carefully primed with white gesso and you can see bobbins ready for coloring already in the photo.For a start, I will create a small texture. For this, I use crackle paste. I will paint in two ways and different shades to show you more options. I paint the first three big bobbins with sprays:

Landlubber Green Vintage Spray,

Buccaneer Bay Blue Vintage Spray, Phantom Fuchsia Vintage Spray. In the second case, I will be flat magicals pigment powder  and  white  gesso. I chose shades that can complement the sprays I selected above. These are powders from  set Hawaiian Islands Flat Magicals.

Now you need to carefully work with sandpaper. So we have a scuff effect. And tint the same spray. Also grind and big bobbins. I apply some prints with stamps and waterproof ink. And once again I grind.To fix the color I cover soft  matte  gel.In the last step, I am tinting with a semi-dry brush with white gesso all the bobbins.

So I got such an aged effect:This is how I will use ready made bobbins:


Lindy’s Products: 


  • Flat Fabio: Hawaiian Islands Flat Magicals (Aloha Avocado, Plumeria Pink, Ocean Breeze Blue)

  •  

  • Moon Shadow Mist: Landlubber Green Vintage Spray, Buccaneer Bay Blue Vintage Spray and Phantom Fuchsia Vintage Spray.
  • Other products: 

  • Finnabair Heawy Gesso white, Finnabair Texture paste white crackle and Soft Matte Gel.


  • Hope you’ve enjoyed my post! Thank you for stopping by! Happy crafting, Daria.

    You Might Also Like

    0 коммент.